ReFox Help - Branding
The Branding process gives the FoxPro developer protection from unwanted decompilation of compiled applications.
Three levels of protection are available in ReFox.
- I ... 1.level which still allows recovery of source with ReFox by supplying the password. Source code additions are required. All dedicated source files can be branded Level I (FXP, MPX, APP, etc).
- I+ ... 2.level which does not require any code changes and is reversible only by the same serial number of ReFox used to brand it.
- II ... 3.level which scrambles the code so it is not recognized by ReFox and ties in the Application to the specific branded runtime files (DLL, ESL / ESO). No source code changes are required. Only FoxPro executables and compiled code that works in conjunction with the DLL, ESL / ESO should be branded at Level II.
Branding does not interfere with FoxPro performance.
Since version XI ReFox offers next two levels of protection for VFP 6, 7, 8 and 9 executables
- II+ ... 4. level which scrambles the code so it is not recognised by ReFox
Application uses standard runtime module modified in memory after loaded
- III ... 5. level which scrambles the code so it is not recognised by ReFox
Application is compressed and uses standard runtime modified in memory after loaded